Man City vs Liverpool: Pep Guardiola’s Reveals Strategies To Defeat Liverpool
Pep Guardiola’s six-point plan of how Manchester City can beat Liverpool on Thursday has been revealed.
City host the Reds at the Etihad bidding to cut Jurgen Klopp’s side’s lead to four points at the top of the Premier League.
But defeat would see Liverpool open up a huge 10-point gap with the Reds bidding to maintain their unbeaten top-flight campaign so far.
City missed the opportunity to win at Anfield earlier this term as Riyad Mahrez blazed a last-gasp penalty over the crossbar.
And Guardiola has hatched a blueprint for the return fixture, according to The Sun.
- Pressing Alisson when he has the ball at his feet
- Encouraging Ederson to go long more often than usual
- Playing with a high defensive line
- Targeting set pieces
- Playing Danilo at left-back
- Continuing to attack – even if they are leading
Alisson was caught in possession against Leicester earlier this season leading to a goal for Rachid Ghezzal, and Guardiola seemingly thinks there is a weakness there.